Remembering those
who served.

 

 

 

 

 



 


 

The Town of East Bridgewater was an early industrial inland town located on the northern portion of the Taunton River system.  Situated in Plymouth County, the town's European community had been heavily damaged in King Philip's war.  Nine of the ten homes in the area were destroyed during the fighting.  Its early economy was based on agriculture but the community did have both grist and saw mills, iron forges and tanneries.  The Keith brothers iron slitting mill is reportedly one of the earliest reported in southeastern Massachusetts. The first trip hammer to make scythes, axes and other edged tools was established in town in 1740, and cannons and muskets for the revolution were made in East Bridgewater. The late 19th and early 20th century saw residential development along the trolley lines in the community.  The Bridgewater Branch Railroad from Whitman through East Bridgewater stimulated further industrial growth, and the town was the site of boot and shoe manufacturing and textile mills. The real population expansion, however, followed the Second World War, and the town now has a heavily residential population.  

 

1926_CHEV.jpg (27110 bytes)

1926 Chevrolet

1959_DODGE.jpg (19260 bytes)

1959 Dodge

BRIDGE_1958.jpg (35510 bytes)

Bridge 1958

ACCI_1960.jpg (35656 bytes)

1960

CENT_WASH_ST.jpg (32309 bytes)

Cent. Washington St

CAR_VS_TRAIN.jpg (41963 bytes)

Car Vs. Train

CRUSIER_1985.jpg (55094 bytes)

1985 Cruiser

3_CRUSIERS.jpg (49128 bytes)

3 Cruisers

RT_106_104.jpg (18314 bytes)

Rt. 106 & 104

SIGN_1971.jpg (27929 bytes)

1971 Police sign

5_OFFICERS.jpg (40507 bytes)

Chief Tardie and his Officers

 

2011 East Bridgewater Police Department

 

 


 

East Bridgewater Police Department

153 Central Street
PO Box 475
East Bridgewater,
MA 02333

Business 508-378-7223

Fax 508-378-7225

Detective Division
508-378-1641

Emergencies Dial  911